MNC Worcester (the ship) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

MNC Forum » Seeking » MNC Worcester (the ship) « Previous Next »

chris jones
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 07:31 pm:   

I was a deck cadet with Trident Tankers, P&O BSD in 1972 to 1974. At this time the shore college was still being built. My two sandwich courses were on the old training ship. I was on a course called 'Kish'. If anyone associated with the ship or college are interested I have quite a few photos taken on board during my time there. Please feel free to contact me!

Samantha Shelley
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:28 am:   

Hello,

My grandad used to work on both the Ship & at the shore college & he may be interested in seeing any photos you have. His name is Tony Vaughan

Mark Hurd
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:56 pm:   

I was a deck cadet with Trident P&O BSD too and also served my time on the Worcester 1971/72. Although I didn't complete the apprenticeship or stay in the Merch I have fond memories of my time there.
The name Tony Vaughan brings back memories and I'm pretty certain the face comes back with the name. He won't remember me (one of hundreds of nasty immature cadets to pass through his care) but I remember him as a very fair and kind officer. A gentleman you can be proud to have for a grandfather. There was another officer who was in the same class, ie a gentleman who treated us pimply 17 year olds as real people. I don't remember his name but he had a Canadian wife. ...Or am I getting confused in my dotage and was Tony the one with the Canadian wife?

I recently dug out a photo of the Worcester and I'm working on restoring it, when it's done I'll e-mail it to the college for their gallery.

Mark Hurd
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 07:25 pm:   

Here's the image...
Worcester, C 1972

It was originally a rather faded 3" x 5".
I now have it framed on my wall at sizeA3

Mark Hurd
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 04:19 pm:   

I've restored and uploaded the five photos I have of the ship taken in '72. Click on the thumbnails to get an image that should be printable at up to A4 size. If anyone else has photos they wish to share please get in touch.

http://www.markahurd.screaming.net/worcester/worcester.html

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.